Do you know that it is possible to save energy in your home with a sustainable design? It is a very attractive alternative to reduce your electricity bill and easy to adapt at home. In this article we tell you how to do it.
Would you start building a house from the roof? Just as you would not do that, you cannot start saving without having previously reviewed your electricity and gas contracts. You must start from the basics, in this case make sure you are satisfied with your marketer, regardless of whether it is part of the energy sector. How to reach that conclusion? For this, there are rate comparators, with the data of your supply you will be able to know which rates are cheaper for you. You can come to the conclusion that with your company, which we suppose is the one you have contracted, you do not save and, however, others offer you very attractive rates. In that case, call your company phone, unsubscribe from that marketer and go to another as soon as possible.
On the other hand, do the same when hiring natural gas. You can also find comparators of natural gas that work the same as the electricity ones and thanks to which you will be able to know the cheapest price for you. All this taking into account that both supplies are already in operation, because if natural gas or electricity must be registered, the procedure will be different.
Join sustainable design
Now you can join sustainable design. We are going to give you an introductory class but you have to be the one who remains committed to this cause. Do you know what this set of words is? We could define sustainable design as that architecture that is born from the hand of nature and that is governed by the principles of economic, ecological and social sustainability. What would be the characteristics of a sustainable design?
- Respect the environment. The product must be ecological and that it seeks to preserve the environment.
- Use of clean energy. Its creation has not been used, it has been thought from the beginning to the end in its function and it must incorporate green energies
- Positive impact. Sustainable design wants to improve people’s lives while living with nature.
- Think about future generations. One of its main characteristics is that it does not want to leave a bad future for the next generations, which is why it is calculated to be profitable in the long term.
- Minimize resource consumption . In order to minimize the consumption of resources, it is necessary to create products with a long useful life and that can be reused or transformed.
- Give them more lives . In relation to the previous point, one of the basic principles of sustainable design is the multiple lives that can be given to objects. It seeks to reconvert them and make them biodegradable. The concept of “waste” is not conceived.
- Care and aesthetically beautiful. All the above-mentioned principles do not mean that this product ceases to have an attractive appearance and that its details are taken care of.
Examples of sustainable design
- Wood is the sustainable material par excellence. It can be used both for the manufacture of buildings and small decorative elements. Its varieties of colors add elegance and aesthetics and it has the power to turn cold spaces into cozy places.
- On the other hand, rugs can have a second-hand origin and act as great thermal insulation. It has been proven that homes with this type of decoration see their electricity bill significantly reduced.
- Lamps that last more than 25 years with LED bulbs. It is impossible to save energy if you do not start changing traditional bulbs for LEDs. Along the same lines, lamps are one of the objects that can be reinvented the most: bottles, vases … There are a thousand possibilities.
- 100% recycled chairs, or that previously had another purpose. Chairs made with cork, others that come from recycled materials, tires … For designers this is one of their favorite objects thanks to the different shapes and materials they accept.